Here’s why your board feels a merger is a good idea:
“Simply put, we want to ensure that we continue to grow and thrive into the future of an ever changing financial services market and give the members the best options that a credit union has to offer.”
–John St. Peter Chairman of the Board of Directors, PCFCU
Wondering how merging with The County will benefit you?
- You will see the same smiling faces and enjoy more of the first class service you’re used to.
- Your credit union will continue to grow and thrive at an accelerated rate.
- With the combined financial strength you will have access to better rates and benefit from the efficiencies and sustainability of a larger credit union.
- Enjoy access to five more branches in Houlton, Mars Hill, Presque Isle, Fort Fairfield and Caribou with an expanded field of membership in Aroostook, Penobscot, and Piscataquis Counties.
- Enjoy access to a dedicated home mortgage team of lenders with a robust arsenal of new product opportunities.
- Enjoy quicker access to financing at your favorite Auto, Truck, Power Sport, or RV dealer through an expanded network.
- Your credit union will have greater market expansion opportunities.
This is your opportunity to VOTE to make your credit union stronger!
Watch your mail! On November 2nd, we mailed the notice of a special meeting being held virtually on December 21, 2020 at 5:30PM, along with your ballot and a pre-paid envelope to vote on the merger and a lot of financial information. To offer comments to NCUA and view the Notice of Meeting visit the NCUA Website.
We are so excited to be partnering with The County FCU! We think you’ll find that our purposes, goals, and cultures align in such a way that combining the two credit unions will exceed your expectations. Check out The County's website for yourself at CountyFCU.org
Still have questions on the merger, Visit our FAQ page