What is my credit union routing and transit number?
Are my deposits at PCFCU federally insured?
Yes, the National Credit Union Administration insures PCFCU deposits in your share savings up to $250,000.
What do I need to open an account?
If you are eligible for membership, you can open a share savings account with as little as ten dollars. Documents required for opening an account include a copy of your photo identification and your social security number. An acceptable substitute for photo I.D. for youth and teen accounts is a birth certificate.
How do I add someone to my account?
In order to add a joint to an already existing account, all parties must be present. The owner of the account, along with any current/new joint owners, will be required to provide the Credit Union with up-to-date photo identification and a new membership card will need to be completed and signed.
How do I change my address?
In order to comply with federal regulations, we must have a written notice that your address has changed. A change of address form must be completed and signed before we can forward your mail to your new address. Download our change of address form.
How do I set up my Online (My P.A.L.) account?
- Click on the "Setup Initial Password" link on the Credit Union homepage (www.penobscotcountyfcu.com)
- Key in your Account Number or Username. Your account number is a one to 7-digit number issued to you at your account opening. Your username would be one you created in place of using an account number.
- The names associated with your personal email address will appear as a list of Security Contacts. These are setup within My P.A.L. or by contacting the credit union. User selects the Contact they want to use.
- A random Temporary Password is sent to that Contact email address. The subject title will be Penobscot County Federal Credit Union Temporary Password.
- User will access the email and copy the code by left clicking and dragging the cursor over the Temporary Password until it is highlighted, then right click on the highlighted area. A drop-down menu will appear. Select the word Copy.
- In the My PAL portal of our website, type in your Account Number or Username, then right click in the PIN/Password box. The drop-down menu will appear. Select the word Paste. The code will appear masked as a string of asterisks.
- Type the last four digits of your Social or Tax ID in the next box and click Log In.
- If you haven't yet set up a security icon, you will do that now. Otherwise, skip to the next step.
- Once you've chosen your icon, and answered a few security questions, the system will log you out and you'll re-enter your Account Number or Username, then right click in the PIN/Password box at the main sign-in screen. The drop-down menu will appear. Select the word Paste. The code will appear masked as a string of asterisks. Type the last four digits of your Social or Tax ID in the next box and click Log In.
- You will then be prompted to change your password. In the Current Password box, paste the password you received from the email. Then choose a new password and type that in on the next two boxes and click Continue.
How long will it take to receive my debit card?
Upon filling out the VISA debit card application, it will take approximately 7-10 business days for you to receive your card in the mail.
Is the Credit Union open on the weekend?
The Old Town branch (lobby and drive-thru) is open on Saturdays from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. The Bangor and Howland branches (drive-thru only) are open on Saturdays from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.